COUNTRY AIRCHECK WEEKLY
Looking for a different issue?
Click here to visit full archives
CRS 2014 DAILY BUZZ
Click here to download
WOGK/Gainesville, FL Turns 20 Ocala Broadcasting's WOGK/Gainesville, FL is celebrating its 20th anniversary today (3/11). PD Mr. Bob tells Country Aircheck, "We hit the airwaves with 100,000 watts of screaming power on March 11, 1994 as a Country station, transitioning from Michael Jackson to Alan Jackson! At the top of each hour from 9am to 6pm, we're counting down the top 10 songs of 1994. And we're looking forward to another 20 years!" Hear the station's flip from Top 40 to Country here; reach Mr. Bob here.
T.J. Martell Foundation Nashville Honors Gala Raises $500,000 The T.J. Martell Foundation's sixth annual Nashville Honors Gala raised more than $500,000 last night (3/10) for medical research focused on finding cures for leukemia, cancer and AIDS. Nashville's Charles Esten emceed the event, and Tim McGraw and Kenny Chesney were on hand to present awards. Honorees included UMG Chairman/CEO Mike Dungan, who received the Frances Preston Lifetime Music Industry Achievement Award, and Morris Artist Management Chairman Dale Morris, who received the Tony Martell Lifetime Entertainment Achievement Award. Performers included Sheryl Crow, Charlie Worsham, McGraw, Jake Owen and Darius Rucker.
Kix Layton, John Landrum Promoted In Greenville, SC As reported yesterday evening via Twitter and Facebook, Clear Channel WSSL/Greenville, SC APD/MD/middayer Kix Layton and WESC/Greenville, SC APD/MD/evening personality John Landrum have been promoted to PD of their respective stations. They replace Bruce Logan, who joined CBS Radio/Houston in December (CAT 12/4). Layton has been with 'SSL for 14 years, and will continue voice-tracking for WCOS/Columbia and for Premium Choice. Landrum is a 34-year 'ESC vet; he'll continue handling nights. Reach Layton here and Landrum here.
Colorado Broadcasters Present Honors The Colorado Broadcasters Association held its annual awards bash Saturday (3/8), honoring the following stations:
- KATR/Sterling: Small Mkt. Community Service Campaign, Regularly Scheduled Entertainment Program.
- KBVC/Buena Vista: Small Mkt. Radio Commercial, Morning Show (Mason In The Morning).
- KRAI/Craig: Medium Mkt. PSA, Midday Show (Frank Hanel).
- KKXK/Montrose: Med. Mkt. Community Event, Regularly Scheduled Newscast, Morning Show & Station Personality (KIX Morning Fix).
- KRFD/Sterling: Med. Mkt. Sports Coverage, Radio Commercial, Sales Event or Live Remote.
- KATC/Colorado Springs: Major Mkt. Morning Show & Station Personality (Cutter And Alisha In The Morning).
- KUAD/Ft. Collins: Sales Event or Live Remote, Midday Show (D. Dennison), Afternoon Show (Charley Barnes).
- KEKB/Grand Junction: Website.
- KYGO/Denver: Metro Mkt. On-Air Contest, Evening Show (Weeknights With Fizz).