Entercom Restructuring Underway: A number of departures are underway at Entercom Country stations as the company restructures two formats. A memo from President/CEO David Field describes an initiative to "reimagine our programming strategies in Country and Alternative" to "put the listener first and develop a plan that will improve our product." Entercom's national sales team is also being restructured. The memo emphasizes local programming, exclusive curated content and elevating "our best programmers and personalities into larger roles." Confirmed departures so far include:
- Entercom/Phoenix VP/Branding Tim Richards, named PD for then-CBS Radio KMLE/Phoenix in 2013.
- WLFP/Memphis afternoons/MD Marty Brooks, joined in 2014. Reach him here.
- KKWF/Seattle Interim PD/afternoon host Alek Halverson, stepped into the role in March (CAT 3/3) and joined the company last year (CAT 2/19/19). Reach him at 701-639-8004 or via email here.
- KMNB/Minneapolis morning co-host Mandy James, joined in 2018 (CAT 10/10/18) from Top 40 WZOK/Rockford, IL. Reach her here.
- KMNB Dir./Creative Imaging Dir. & middayer Chris "Fish" Shatek, returned to the cluster in 2018 (CAT 7/31/18). Reach him here.
- KFRG/Riverside traffic reporter/morning co-host Ginny Harman, joined in 2017 after stops including KKGO/Los Angeles.
- KMLE/Phoenix afternoon personality Nina D., hosted the morning show beginning in 2013 before transitioning to afternoons in 2018. Reach her here.
Field says, "I want to make sure that there are no misunderstandings about the actions we are taking. To be clear, Entercom will remain local, first and foremost ... every station will continue to have its own unique playlist driven by a continued commitment to heavy local research." He adds, "As we make the necessary changes to best serve our listeners and customers, it is difficult to part ways with members of our team who have made significant contributions to our company over the years. We are grateful to them for their service. In order to assist in their transition, we are providing enhanced benefits for each affected individual and wish them the very best."
Anyone wishing to share personal contact info as they seek their next opportunity can contact Country Aircheck here.